[rt-users] Re: Does Postgres offer acceptable performance

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Dec 11 08:29:55 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 06:29, Andrew J. Korty wrote:
> I'm a long-time PostgreSQL user, but it was intolerably slow with a
> 30,000-ticket RT database.  Even after a *lot* of tuning (server
> parameters, custom indexes, etc.), certain queries, especially large
> joins, took minutes to complete.  Other folks seem to have no
> problems, though, so maybe I missed something.

I had the same problem with a 15,000 ticket database converted
from RT2.  I haven't tried again since the messages on the
list mentioned changes to flatten the case of the users so
the index works but I suspect the size of the user table
may be the difference in cases where it works well.  In
my case almost all of the tickets have unique users created
from email addresses.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com