[rt-users] Does Postgres offer acceptable performance

andy law (RI) andy.law at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Dec 11 10:27:07 EST 2003

Jamie,

> > I couldn't get RT to work with postgres 7.3.4. When I checked with
> > rtfm (as opposed to the draft manual) there was a comment to the
> > effect that postgres 7.2 would work but that 7.3 and above would
> > not. I switched to mysql 4.0.16 and had no porblem after that.
> >
> > It could have been me (I know much more about INGRES thane
> > either postgres or mysql) but I found that the Mysql installation
> > and setup was no problem to deal with.
>
> FWIW, I'm running RT 3.0.6/RTFM 2.0.1 on PG 7.3.4 and had no setup
> problems. Where's that RTFM entry you're talking about?

http://fsck.com/rtfm/factoid.html?id=94

"PostgresSQL v7.1.1 or higher, but NOT 7.3.0 or higher"

Later,

Andy

Yada, yada, yada...

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only.   The opinions expressed within this e-mail (including any attachments) are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of Roslin Institute (Edinburgh) ("the Institute") unless specifically stated by a sender who is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the Institute.