[rt-users] Using RT for changelogs

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Thu Dec 11 14:19:09 EST 2003

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 10:27:31AM -0800, MikeHamilton at clovisusd.k12.ca.us wrote:
> Is anyone out there using RT for changelogs? We want to do something where
> instead of logging changes to a server/device in a paper journal, we would
> like this running history in some kind of database. RT seems like a good
> answer for this, but the question of how we could do this is our hanging
> point. I've been looking at Wiki and blogging for this type of work.

Off the top of my head... Create a changelog queue, open a ticket for
each log you want to maintain. Then write a Mason component that
allows you to query for the log and format it the way you want.

Hope that gives you a starting point.

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"