[rt-users] managing multiple queues

Anthony Sorace rt at anothy.9srv.net
Fri Dec 12 11:50:32 EST 2003

The (one?) problem with having ticket IDs be per-queue is that tickets
are stored by ID (and things like attachments reference them by such),
and they can move between queues. It seems to me your suggestion would
involve a fairly intensive find-and-replace when moving a ticket from
one queue to another. This would be a *huge* issue for us (and I
suspect others), as we're constantly moving tickets that people have
dropped into the "General" queue into a more appropriate home.

Aside from that predicted performance issue, I find it convenient to be
able to say "ticket 27" and have it be clear what I'm talking about.
Keep in mind you can also reference tickets in other queues.

Anthony Sorace
CIBERNET Corp
Director of Information Technology