[rt-users] Correctly setting organizational logo

Michael Cannella mcannella at voami.org
Fri Dec 12 18:57:55 EST 2003

Just a note that I meant to mention when I fixed it. This probably
belongs on another list, but I thought it might be helpful to other
newbies such as myself here.

As shipped, to set the logo for RT, I put my graphic into the
share/html/NoAuth/images directory, and replaced the value "bplogo.gif"
in share/html/Elements/Header with the name of my graphic and its
desired size.

The etc/RT_Config.pm file
  - Has a comment referring to	"$RTLogoURL"
  - Defines the variable as 	"$LogoURL"  as   bplogo.jpg (file does
not exist)

And then share/html/Elements/Header   goes and actually uses the value
bplogo.gif.

Now I'm all for frequent use of the grep command, but may I suggest:

 1a. Fix RT_Config comment to say $LogoURL
 1b. Add variables for $LogoURLWidth and $LogoURLHeight on following
lines
 2. Fix RT_Config define to use bplogo.gif
 3. Fix Elements/Header to refer to $RT::$LogoURL and height and width

Would have saved me a bit of confustiation......

--- michael cannella
--- IT Manager, Volunteers of America Michigan
--- mcannella at voami.org