[rt-users] RTFM install problems

jflanders at burrelles.com jflanders at burrelles.com
Fri Dec 12 23:26:05 EST 2003

Second hurdle, when installing RTFM it'll ask for the MySQL root
password which I give it and it creates a couple of table (I've verfied
this) it then asks again for the password which when I give to it the
install script abruptly ends putting me back to the prompt.  When I
restart Apache there is not RTFM on the right side and no new rights to
give to users or groups.  But there is 9 new tables in MySQL under RT.
Any ideas.

BTW I hope you do throw in a HTML stripper in a later release it's been
a major hanging point for us in implementing RT since our company uses
Outlook.  Our company's programmer is trying to modify a perl script to
do it (in his free time) and once he's done I'll be sure to share it
(I've already shared what he has so far).  Right now it removes the HTML
tags but not the lines its on so you have to scroll down to see the
text.

Jarrod Flanders
A+, Network+
Computer Technician