[rt-users] Re: Performance issues with rt3 - old topic new again..

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Sun Dec 14 14:29:11 EST 2003

I'm far from an expert here, but I'd guess that Seph is right,
you shouldn't bother troubleshooting this with anything less than
mysql 4.x, even if that doesn't fix the problem itself.

This seems like a mysql issue to me, not based on any particular
evidence though.  I disagree that subsequent fetches should
be faster necessarily, because: a) with mod_perl, you may hit
a different apache child each request, and that child may
not have anything cached, and b) The ticket info _could_
change between hits, due to incoming mail or some other user,
so that RT may need to re-fetch each time to be sure.

I know that mysql can use several different backends, e.g.
isam, heap, myisam, innodb, bdb, all on a per-table basis.
This, and certainly indices, can affect you greatly.
Is it possible that in moving the data between mysql
versions, you have somehow dropped some indices?

And just to play devil's advocate, are there any non-RT
network or apache issues?  That is, I assume you _can_
display a static html page in much less than 5 secs?

    bobg