[rt-users] Performance issues with rt3 - old topic new again..

John Schubert jschubert at linearcorp.com
Mon Dec 15 02:35:00 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 20:02, Rainer Duffner wrote:

> > I have a dual PII 333Mhz system with 512MB of RAM dedicated to the task of
> > running rt3. (Well, at this point rt3 is just a test install.) I am running
> > rt3 with FreeBSD 5.1 with SMP, Apache 1.3, modperl1, and MySQL 3.23. 17
> > queues, 2 users with rights, less than 500 tickets.

Sounds like a similar experience I had (I was the original author of
this thread).  Everyone said memory was an issue, but I think it was
CPU.  I had a 25-30 second wait, but I only had one P2 333 CPU.  Once
going to 677MHz (or thereabouts) with 512 MB of RAM, wait time went to
practically zero.

Just my humble opinion (which seems to be always wrong nowadays).

John