[rt-users] RT3 root account and password

Aarlin Help Aarlin.Help at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Dec 17 21:15:06 EST 2003

Greeting, list.

I'm having trouble with the RT root account.
Just installed it, changed password, and now the root password I thought
I changed the default 'password' to doesn't work - I've probably
forgotten the spelling/caps I used.

Looking through the list archives, I found advice to do the following
  mysql> update rt3.Users set password = MD5('password') where
name='root';
(to reset back to the default 'password')

I have done this, and the mysql response is:
  Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
  Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0

However, it still doesn't work.
I'm now at the 'poke it with a stick' stage, and would appreciate any
light thrown on my problem.

I have Request Tracker 3.0.7_01 installed, and
  mysql> status
reports:
  mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.58, for pc-linux (i686)

--Benji

Benji Wakely <b.wakely at latrobe.edu.au>
or
aarlin.help at latrobe.edu.au