[rt-users] How to create approvals directly?

Todd Chapman rt at chaka.net
Thu Dec 18 15:39:21 EST 2003

Answering my own question:

I am still learning the RT architecture. Here is what I
did to make this work. It's not necessarily the best way
but it works and I can refine it later.

1. Change ShowLink so that Children is a link:

2. In Ticket/Create.html add an ARG and and a new
hidden field:
$Type => 'ticket'
</%ARGS>

<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN Name="Type" VALUE=<% $Type %>>

3. In lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm add Type to the
create_args hash in sub CreateTicket:

    my %create_args = (
        Type           => $ARGS{'Type'} || 'ticket',

Eventually I'll add a drop-down for Type on the
Create.html form, but this works for now.

-Todd