[rt-users] incorrect requestor ID for ticket

Mike Husband m.husband at leadup.com.au
Mon Dec 22 00:24:41 EST 2003

Greetings.

I have just completed moving our RT3 from freebsd/mysql to
Solaris/postgreSQL
and now have a stange problem with the requestor of new tickets.

When a ticket is created previously the web interface showed the requestor
of the ticket as the email address of the person logged in.

However now RT seems to be creating a new user with a new and incorrect
email address, and showing the new email address as the requestor.

e.g.

I am user 'mah' with id 30 and email address m.husband at leadup.com.au
in the database.
When I created ticket 288 user 'm.husband at leadup.com.au' was created
with id 1283 and email address m.husband at leadup.com.au$ (note $).
This new email address is shown as the requestor of the ticket and a
confirmation email is sent to this address.  The email bounces because
the address is incorrect.

Any suggestions on how I fix this please?

Details follow.

Thanks.

Mike

Versions:
    RT                rt-3-0-7_01
    Postgress         postgresql-7.4
    Apache            apache_1.3.29
    Modperl           mod_perl-1.27
    Perl              perl-5.8.0
    latest perl modules installed

USERS
-----
  id  |          name           |        emailaddress
------+-------------------------+-----------------------------
   30 | mah                     | m.husband at leadup.com.au
 1283 | m.husband at leadup.com.au | m.husband at leadup.com.au$

GROUPS
------
  id  |   name    |       description        |     domain      |   type    |
instance
------+-----------+--------------------------+-----------------+-----------+
----------
   31 | User 30   | ACL equiv. for user 30   | ACLEquivalence  | UserEquiv |
30
 1284 | User 1283 | ACL equiv. for user 1283 | ACLEquivalence  | UserEquiv |
1283
 1285 |           |                          | RT::Ticket-Role | Requestor |
288
 1286 |           |                          | RT::Ticket-Role | Owner     |
288
 1287 |           |                          | RT::Ticket-Role | Cc        |
288
 1288 |           |                          | RT::Ticket-Role | AdminCc   |
288

GROUPMEMBERS
 id  | groupid | memberid
 951 |    1284 |     1283