[rt-users] RT3.0.8pre2 (elixus version) email question.

Robert Spier rspier at pobox.com
Sun Dec 28 01:17:49 EST 2003

> > Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all.  debug is "everything".
> > "emergency" is the lowest level.
>
> *nod* It's wrong in the RT_Config.pm then :-/

Well, it's not wrong, just slightly confusing.  The "level" refers to
"importance".  In theory debug messages are less important than
emergency messages.

I started making a patch, but wasn't happy with any of the minor
adjustments to it, and didn't want to rewrite the whole paragraph.
Your attempt is welcomed.

> > Have you tried your test with a "well formed email"?
>
> If Mozilla and Squirrelmail aren't sending "well formed emails" then a
> whole boatload of us are in trouble, yes? :)

Yes.

Well... this brings us back to where we started.

:)

The mail gateway is working for everyone else, and that email doesn't
look too odd, so I'm not sure whats going on.  Any luck pulling
something from the debug logs?

There are definitely debug messages you should see from email
creation, some of them relate to character decoding.  if you're not
seeing any of those, it means its failing early on.  If you turn
LogToScreen to debug (this will send things to your apache log) do you
get anything there?  That's also where you'd see weird perl issues.

-R