[rt-users] issue with attachments

Mick Szucs mick at onramp.ca
Mon Dec 29 11:42:36 EST 2003

On December 19, 2003 05:08 pm, Tom Vile wrote:
> I have custom modifications to the system and don't want to upgrade
> yet.  Has anyone heard of this problem?

I'm currently experiencing this as well.  Have seen some list traffic to
indicate that it's a fairly widespread problem.  I'm suspicious that
something in Redhat 9 might be behind this one as well - if anyone out there
has run into this, please provide system specs.

Mine:

RT 3.0.6
Redhat 9
Mysql 3.23.56
Apache 2.0.40

When I figure out how to properly replicate the issue I'll upgrade to the
latest and greatest RT and see if it still happens.  We've got a ticket open
on it ;P

> > > There was a patch someone posted for the Attachment_Overlay.pm it had
> > > to do with encoding issues.

I did try this patch, as well, to no avail.

And a sample of the behaviour:

Same attachment, sent twice, first time broken, sent via email client:

content-type: application/octet-stream; name="xox.doc"
content-disposition: attachment; filename="xox.doc"

Second time sent through RT web interface, working:

Thanks,
--
Mick Szucs  <mick at onramp.ca>
Onramp Network Services Inc.