[rt-users] Organisations vs individual requestors

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Feb 3 07:01:37 EST 2003

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 05:44:30PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> > I tried Ticket->RequestorObj->Organization
> > and
> > RequestorObj->Organization
> > without success.
>
> It's CreatorObj->Organization

Is it always? ;)

If you're using $this_ticket->CreatorObj->Organization , you get the
Organization field of the person who created the ticket.  For tickets
created via email, this should be the same person as the requestor.

However (and not knowing your workflow), tickets created by say, a
helpdesk person based on a phone call, would inherit (by your method) the
Organization field of the helpdesk person, not the actual requestor.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security