[rt-users] problem going from mysql to postgresql

Robie Basak robie at principle.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 15:52:24 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 20:29, B. Ash wrote:
> I am having trouble migrating from mysql to postgresql.  I perform a
> mysqldump to some file, then I import that dump into the rt2 postgresql
> database.  The import goes very well.  I can see all off the past
> tickets through the web interface, and the user setup works flawlessly.
> The problem occurs when I try to create a new ticket, it seems that the
> ticket to be created is going to use a primary key that already exists.

It sounds to me like postgres is using a sequence to generate the
primary key. You need to manually set the sequence to a number higher
than all your primary keys. I'm not sure how to do that, but I'm sure
the postgres docs do, but that's a pointer, anyway ;)

Robie.
--
Robie Basak <robie at principle.co.uk>
Northern Principle Limited