[rt-users] templates question

Gregory Hosler gregory.hosler at eno.ericsson.se
Wed Feb 5 01:35:05 EST 2003

I'm converting some old lotus notes databases (that we used to use for
problem tracking, and/or feature requests) to RT.

I'm looking for a way to create a template, in the way that Notes used to have
a "form" that was associated with particular databases.

I'm looking at "templates" and trying to figure out if this will do what I want
of not.

Basically, when a problem is reported, I wish to solicit certain fields
(possibly different fields based upon which queue the request is going to).
For example, for a particular queue, I might want to solicit the following:

        SeverityLevel: (e.g. Low, Medium, High)
        Component: (an administrator defined pull-down list would be ideal here)
        Originator:
        Logged_by:

possibly some others.

Yes, we can ask reporters to make sure that they include all the relavant
information, but it would be real nice if I could create a dialog panel for
soliciting these matters from users (using web-based input).

has anyone done anything like this ?

best rgds,

-Greg

E-Mail: Gregory Hosler <gregory.hosler at eno.ericsson.se>