[rt-users] Some requestors not getting correspondence

Greg Elisara elisara at world-net.co.nz
Tue Feb 4 20:39:38 EST 2003

Hi All,

A small number of requestors are not getting email from RT. Usually the
requestors are from the same domain - eg bob at domain.net.nz or
peter at domain.net.nz and effects a couple of domains.

We have RT installed on a Redhat 8 box. The box sits behind a firewall on a
intranet using a public address. We us fetchmail to pull incoming emails
from a mail server in our DMZ. Email is sent directly through the firewall
from our RT box using sendmail.

I was thinking that maybe the mailserver on these domains is putting these
emails into a black hole thinking they are spam - we don't get any 'can not
deliver' responses.

Below is an example of the the autogenerated reply that doesn't get to
requestors. I though a couple of things might cause problems but not sure -
generic return-path, mydomain.co.nz isn't a real domain (ie no reverse
lookup). I changed the Precedence to Normal but this doesn't seem to make
any differenct.

Any help appreciated. Greg.