[rt-users] Issues with rejected correspondance

Todd A. Green tagreen at mhsnetworks.net
Tue Feb 11 10:08:20 EST 2003

Took a bit of digging, but I think I found the cause.

Now the problem:

I would create tickets for clients that sent their email to a non-RT
address by pasting the contents of the email into a new ticket via the
web-interface.  To ensure the client would be able to respond to the
ticket with correspondence I would copy their From: email address to the
requestor email verbatim.  Every so often though I'd have a client that
would not be able to respond due to a "Correspondence not recorded"
error.  After some digging I figured out that RT is stripping the junk
off the email address when it comes in as a new request, but accepting
manually entered one's verbatim.

e.g.

Sent a new request to RT from 'Bob A. User <bob at userdomain.com>' and it
accepted the request and set the user's email as bob at userdomain.com.  If
I create a ticket via the UI with 'Bob A. User <bob at userdomain.com>' it
doesn't strip the 'Bob A. User <>' piece off and when the client
attempts to respond he is rejected.

Anyone else see this.  Easy fix?

--
Todd A. Green <tagreen at mhsnetworks.net>