[rt-users] Limiting user assignment by queue.

Doug Lawson Doug.Lawson at wfinet.com
Wed Feb 19 16:48:48 EST 2003

This might have been asked already, but I am not finding it in the
archives.

When updating a ticket a user has the ability to assign the ticket to
any privileged user in the system. Is there a way to change this
behavior?

As an example I have a queues called Foo-Queue and Bar-Queue. I have a
users named Foo-Tech and Bar-Tech. I also have a user named BOFH.

Foo-Tech only has rights in Foo-Queue and Bar-Tech only has rights in
Bar-Queue, BOFH has rights in both. When Foo-Tech is working a ticket I
want him to be able to escalate it only to other users that have rights
in his queue. So he would be able to assign the ticket to BOFH but not
Bar-Tech.

There doesn't appear to be an easy way to make this happen, but it would
simplify my life if it is possible.

Thank you.

Attention:
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity. The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.