[rt-users] system error

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 24 01:50:12 EST 2003

Raymond Norton wrote:
> I have set up httpd.conf to use an Alias for RT. When going to
> mysite.org/rt2 I get the following error. I didn't see anything in the docs
> about changing permissions. What am I missing?
>
> <error>
> mkdir /opt/rt2/WebRT/data/obj: Permission denied
> at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Mason/Compiler/ToObject.pm line 96
> </error>

At a guess... you have WEB_USER and/or WEB_GROUP incorrectly defined
in your Makefile? If so, fix them and try a ``make fixperms''.

If that fails, have a look at who owns opt/rt2/WebRT/data; it should
be owned by your web user, and your rt group. (And your web user
should be in that rt group, generally...)

--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.