[rt-users] RT+SpamAssassin+Procmail problem

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 24 22:26:43 EST 2003

Rene L. Pongco Jr. wrote:
> http://www.riverside.org/archive/html/rt-users/2002-06/msg00265.html
>
> Unfortunately, in /etc/procmailrcs/rt, when i use spamassassin -c, all
> the mail goes to the spam folder.

"spamassassin -c" is not a valid spamassassin command line. The "-c"
means "config file", and is deprecated....

> When I change this to spamc and restart the daemon,

(what daemon? spamd?)

> all the mail goes through the filter and into my
> folder. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

is spamd running? What "folder" are you referring to? Are any
"X-Spam-*" headers present at all? Did you obey the following:

* The user running spamassassin (I chose the MTA's "mailnull"
  user) must have (or have permission to create) a .spamassassin
  directory under his home dir. This was the only roadblock I
  hit (as spamassasin's "spamc" silently does nothing if this is
  not the case.)

  Under FreeBSD:
        mkdir -p ~mailnull/.spamassassin
        chown mailnull ~mailnull/.spamassassin