[rt-users] RT+SpamAssassin+Procmail problem

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Tue Feb 25 15:11:47 EST 2003

Rene L. Pongco Jr. said:
> Yes, I'm using a spamc/spamd setup and i'm pretty sure spamd is running.
>  Right now, my /etc/procmailrcs/rt has a line that says:
>
> :0cw
> | /usr/local/bin/spamc

Ah! Here's the rub.

This just passes email through the spamc filter for flagging.

You want to actually filter *after* this:

:0:
* X-Spam-Status:.\[Yes*\]
SPAM

Or something similar, to filter the spam out of the inbox.

> spamc returns a 1 or 0 output right? Should I change this to
> /usr/local/bin/spamassassin? The mail which goes through the test folder
> does not have any spam-marking headers.  How do I find out which user is
> running spamd? I assumed that it was my mail delivery agent  (postfix)
> so I gave postman permission to write on its .spamassassin folder. Is
> this correct?  I also made one for root just in case I was mistaken.

Spamd should be running with the amavis user, whichever that is--usually
vscan (if running uvscan). To find out if it's even running:

(this is what I'd do on FreeBSD)
ps -awwux | grep spam

See if it's in the list. If not, then the daemon isn't running, and maybe
you should check to see what's going on with spamassassin.

Glenn
---
The original portions of this message are the copyright of the author
(c)1998-2002 Glenn E. Sieb.    ICQ UIN: 300395    IRC Nick: Rainbear
"All acts of Love and Pleasure are Her rituals"-Charge of the Goddess