[rt-users] Cloning a Queue

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 27 00:27:41 EST 2003

Derek J. Balling wrote:
> Is there any way to easily clone a queue (and all of its associated
> permissions)?

Not easily. I'm sure such a tool wouldn't be all that difficult
to write, though, were one motivated to do so. <hint> :-)

> I've been asked to create a number of queues, all identical to an
> existing queue, and I'd rather not have to delineate, on each one, the
> various users' rights, etc., but just say "make queue B a copy of queue
> A" and then just change a couple things in Queue B. :-)

If I wanted to do this, but felt unmotivated in the coding
department, I would probably script it with the commandline
tools.
--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.