[rt-users] Trouble setting up AutoAssign

Owen B. Mehegan omehegan at perseus.com
Fri Jan 3 14:16:46 EST 2003

I'm trying to set up the AutoAssign scripaction and having no luck so far.
Here's what I've done:

1. Ran AutoAssign.pm.insertdata; it returned no errors.
2. Put AutoAssign.pm in /usr/local/rt2/lib/RT/Action and gave it the same
ownership and permissions as the other scrips in there
3. Assigned myself as a CC watcher to the Customers queue
4. Set up a scrip in that queue that says OnCreate AutoAssign with template
Correspondence

When I run 'perl AutoAssign.pm' I get no errors, when the RT logs have no
errors in them, but when I create a ticket in the Customers queue, it
remains assigned to Nobody rather than being reassigned to me.

I have a feeling that I've just configured this wrong or am using it wrong.
Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks in advance.

/Owen