[rt-users] Questions on usernames and passwords

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 11:19:55 EST 2003

Hi,

As far as I understood, you have already some kind of
external user database, and want to create those users in RT.

Why don't you try to utilize some kind of external user authentication
(this way the passwords are the same everywhere), and
user importing?

There are solutions with LDAP, which work fine with
Microsoft Exchange/Active directory, and with any other LDAP service.

The simpliest way for password management is Apache authentication:
it has plenty different methods, there must be the one that suits you.

Regards,
Stanislav.