[rt-users] Server error with new install

Bobby Wrenn bobby at wrennest.com
Sun Jan 5 17:30:15 EST 2003

I have been having trouble getting RT installed. So, I set up a fresh
RH7.3 install and loaded perl modules until testdeps was happy.

I installed, edited config.pm with what I think are the minimums to get
it working. Edited httpd.conf as described in the docs.

when trying to access http://192.168.1.13/rt2/ I get the following:
------------
Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root at localhost and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might
have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.

---------------

I set permissions on rt.log0
chmod 664 /var/log/rt/rt.log0
Then got the following:
---------------

Not Found

The requested URL /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html/NoAuth/webrt.css was not
found on this server.
---------------

/var/log/httpd/error_log shows:

[Sun Jan  5 16:02:54 2003] [error] [client 192.168.1.4] File does not
exist: /var/www/html/usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html/NoAuth/webrt.css

---------------

This looks like a problem in httpd.conf. But I am not sure how.

I double quoted the Directory path and Alias name in httpd.conf and got
a little change. The error is now:

[Sun Jan  5 16:26:38 2003] [error] [client 192.168.1.4] File does not
exist: /var/www/html/usr/local/rt2/

So for some reason apache is expanding the path instead of aliasing it.
Any idea what I need to change?

TIA
Bobby