[rt-users] 100's of duplicate database queries? postgresql

Tarragon Allen tarragon at onthe.net.au
Tue Jan 7 00:57:38 EST 2003

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 15:16, seph wrote:
> Tarragon Allen <tarragon at onthe.net.au> writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm presently trying to determine why our version of RT is running so
> > slow. At first we thought it was because the system it was running on was
> > underpowered, however I've just moved it across to a new high powered
> > machine and it's still running dog slow.
>
> did you look in the mail archives? Or the faq? they both have some
> suggestions.

Yes, and yes. As I said, I've looked at the indexes, they appear fine, and
yes, I've looked at the hardware running the show, however it seems to me
that for the size of our database, compared to other discussions where RT is
running slow, we should not be seeing these sorts of slowdowns.

It seemed strange to me that RT is making 100's of apparently duplicate
queries for a single "view ticket". Is this normal behaviour, and if so,
wouldn't it be a lot more efficient to do one query and cache it?

I came to this list as a last resort after spending quite a lot of time trying
to determine what was wrong myself.

GPG: http://n12turbo.com/tarragon/public.key