[rt-users] Removing quoted email text

John Gedeon jgedeon at qualcomm.com
Wed Jan 8 11:48:35 EST 2003

I have rt 2.0.15 with fast cgi and a mysql backend.

   I was wondering if one could have all the quoted email text stripped out
and not saved or sent? This is due to the fact that we have a high volume
of emails where the replies of one person includes all the previous email?
Ideally on ticket creation I would not strip out the quoted material (since
that is likely to be a fwd of new data) and then start stripping out all
other quoted material since it is probably just their mail client auto
quoting the last email.

Has any one done this? or tackled this problem?

John

--
<>< Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on
your own understanding;"