[rt-users] notification of correspondence to person performing action --also, mail commands?

Brian Jones jonesy at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Jan 10 09:55:11 EST 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 07:48 PM, Phil Homewood wrote:

> It sounds like you're upgrading from 1.x?

Yes, we upgraded some number of months ago, and are just now getting
around to doing some work on it.

> I've just added this to the FAQ:
> http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=5#73

Great.  I commented out these lines, but I'm not seeing any change.
Then I realized that '$creator' is only referenced in that file, so I
commented out the creation of '$creator', just above the lines you said
to comment out, where it starts out 'my $creator =
...->EmailAddress()'.  Still no change that I can see.  I tested
creating a problem ticket via email, replying to a problem ticket via
email, replying via the web interface, then taking ownership of the
ticket and doing all of that while I owned the ticket (just in case).
I didn't receive any mail at all :-(   Did I forget to do something?

I'm still not seeing a change, but I'll have to check out the logs I
guess (when I find them... this is my first venture into RT's
structure, so excuse my ignorance.

> http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=5#76

This is helpful, thanks a lot for the pointer...

brian