[rt-users] [err]: Couldn't load from the users database.

John Giles john at trdlnk.com
Sat Jan 11 18:32:41 EST 2003

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 10:58:44PM +0100, Bruce Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, John Giles wrote:
>
> First rule of RT:
>
> 	Do not manually add/modify/delete rows/columns in the RT database
> 	unless you really, really know what you are doing.
>
> 	( And have taken out kneecap insurance. )

Noted :)

> More importantly, did you recreate them with the same 'id' number?  RT
> depends on being able to load certain users (root for instance, and
> Nobody), and those users being able to do particular things as defined by
> the RT Access Control System (which is based on the User's 'id' number).

I think the 'id' to be 1, 2 or 3 but I'm not 100% sure.  When I added
users, RT started at 'id' 4 and went up.

Could someone tell me entries for Users..id => 1, 2 and 3.

If I populate the Users table with the information of the Nobody and root
accounts given in the insertdata script AND have the correct 'id' then
things should be in the clear.
I want to make sure the Nobody and root accounts are the same.

Are there other users that RT requires ??

John Giles
john at trdlnk.com