[rt-users] Custom fields

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Mon Jan 13 20:31:20 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 08:38:39AM +1000, Phil Homewood <pdh at snapgear.com> wrote:
> Ron Gidron wrote:
> > Does rt support custom fields? I would like to create a custom field that
> > holds
> > the customers "maintenance number"
>
> "keywords" in RT 2.0, "Custom Fields" in 2.1/3.x. Keywords
> can only take predefined values; custom fields can be either
> predefined selections or freeform inputs.

With a patch, Refers-To can be nicely corralled into a custom field
in 2.0. I'm doing so to link to our local Bugzilla, with URIs like
"bugzilla:300" for bug 300. The magic of %URI2HTTP (or something like
that) in config.pm converts that to a Bugzilla link, and there is
then goodness and light.

The patch is to remove a couple of assumptions about what makes
for legal URIs. Lemme know if you (the original poster, or, I suppose,
anyone else!) want it and I'll post it tomorrow when I'm at the
office.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!