[rt-users] Multi-tier RT

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Fri Jan 17 09:29:22 EST 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, A BIT of an Andrew Pollock wrote something about
splitting RT:

> On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 02:56:31PM +1000, Phil Homewood wrote:
> >
> > The attachments are all thrown into the DB, no filesystem access
> > should be required (but, I haven't done it, so I could be wrong.)
>
> I didn't see any evidence that the attachments were in the database with
> 2.0.14 on PostgreSQL, but I'll toddle off and reinspect the schema.

In our setup, we have 4 distinct machines, and a plethora of desktops that
are able to directly access the SQL servers.  The maintainance of this is
eased by having our install directory, /home/rt2, NFS shared across the
machines.

       /----------\
      | mailserver |-----\
       \----------/       \
                           \
       /----------\         \                      /-----------\
      |  webserver |----------> MySQL access -----| MySQL-grunt |
       \----------/    \    /                      \-----------/
      |  desktops  |-->--*----- Intended Query ---| Backup Serv |

I haven't gotten around to the 'Intended Query Only Access' functionality,
but one day, one day.  The connection between the MySQL grunt machine and
the Backup Serv(er) is standard MySQL replication.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security