[rt-users] RT Possibilites?

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Fri Jan 17 17:01:20 EST 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, John Gedeon wrote:

> I have a request for a queue with the look of rt a little different. Thing
> is only people using that queue want the change. Is there a way to make
> different mason files show up for specific queues? Has this been done?

Interesting.  It certainly can be done.

What you want to be doing is to have your collection of files for Queue
'foo'.  For simplicity, give them the extension '.foo'.

Then, you can change your main pages to include files based on the queue
name, eg:

	<& /Elements/TitleBoxEnd.$queuename &>

( This is a quick example, and I'm skipping over a lot of stuff, such as
  how you're setting $queuename etc ).

If you wanted to be more tricky, you could have your magic include file,
like:

	<& /Elements/DefInclude, queue => $queuename, include =>
	  '/Elements/TitleBoxEnd &>

Where /Elements/DefInclude looked for the requested_file.$queuename, or
the requested_file in the former's absence.

> Main point is how complex is it to have it done?

Its not that complex, it would just be annoying to set this up (in
changing all the files that did includes in the appropriate manner).

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security