[rt-users] Attachments sent from RT are 'inline'

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Jan 20 18:46:24 EST 2003

On 3 Jan 2003, Lynoure [ISO-8859-1] Rajamäki wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 16:09, Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I'm using the one from the contrib area.  Would you mind attaching it to
> > the list so everyone can benefit?
>
> Ok, though my version is by no means perfect either (I took the shortcut
> and set Content-Type to fit our needs, and it's not right for all other
> character sets). Also, I am very new to perl...

Something to add to the archives for this.  Somewhere along the way, the
'MIME-Version' header gets dropped.  This makes certain mailers, such as
Pine, not recognise the mail thus generated as a valid multipart mail
(Brad Marshall noticed this problem).

Hence, add the following line after 'make_multipart' (~line43):

  $self->TemplateObj->MIMEObj->head->add('MIME-Version', '1.0' );

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security