[rt-users] how to configure the RT web interface and RTmail server

Swapana Ghosh swapana_ghosh at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 17:04:14 EST 2003

Hi

     This is regarding the installation of RT
software. I aminstalling the RT software(latest
version) in out Cobalt Raq4server. I have configured
the web interface using Apache with mod_perl.
Using the

    <VirtualHost your.ip.address>
DocumentRoot /path/to/rt2/WebRT/html
ServerName rt.example.com
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /path/to/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
<Location />
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

These lines i have mentioned in the httpd.conf file
just below the lines where my virutual host orginal
directives are there. Then i stopped the httpd server
and started again.

But i am not getting any screen effects.........When i
start to use the interface
http://domain.com/rt2/WebRT/html/ - no
html screen i am getting.. The screen getting like
text format

Here i am stucked...

Can anyone help me out where i am making the
mistakes???

Morevoer we are using sendmail. how to configure the
support mail for RT - please give me some idea.

I have mentioned in the /etc/aliases file like as
follows:

support:        "|/usr/adm/sm.bin/rt-mailgate support"
support-comment:"|/usr/adm/sm.bin/rt-mailgate support"

where rt-mailgate i made a loft link to the original
dir of rt-mailgate. This i have done for smrsh dir.

and in the /etc/virtusertable file i made the entry as
follows:

support at domain.com  support
support-comment at domain.com  support-comment

Regards.