[rt-users] RT and RedHat 8

Ian Gilmour ian.gilmour at ffei.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 04:52:55 EST 2003

On a similar thread....

I'm currently still running with good ol' RT 1.0.7.

I'm going to be attempting to install RT2.xx.xx (whatever the latest version
is in 4-6 weeks time) on a Linux box in the near future.

I don't really care which version of Linux I use providing it's a reasonably
recent one. But I'd like to know the installation is going to work before I
start.

I've got experience with Mandrake and easy access to Redhat CD's.

So,
  . what version of RT are people using?

  . and on what version of Linux?

  . and (if known) what specific hoops did you
    have to jump through to get it to install on your
    version of Linux?

Presumably this could make a useful addition to the installation notes,
which when discussing specifics, just seem to talk you through installing on
Debian (unknown version, or maybe I just missed it), Redhat7.2, and Solaris
8?

cheers,

Ian