[rt-users] Multiple Watchers - but shouldn't get tons of mail

Atro Tossavainen atossava at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Jan 23 08:57:59 EST 2003

Hello all,

I've read the RT/FM on the different types of Watchers and it doesn't
seem to answer the following.

How do I create such Watchers that they only get RT correspondence when
the case owner (or another RT privileged user) sends it, but when
another regular user mails RT on that case, they don't?

We figured we'd collect replies to a particular issue that was expected
to generate a lot of user traffic in a case in RT. When the replies
started coming in, we also figured we'd make the people who responded
able to follow the progress of the issue by making them all Requestors
on that case.

Replies to the initial message (Who would like to...?) keep trickling
in, and all the people who replied quickly and were already made
Requestor keep getting all this "Me too!" mail, which probably annoys
the hell out of them.

Now, my gut reaction would be to just zap all the Requestors and mail
those people outside RT whenever needed. Is there a more refined way of
approaching this?

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.