[rt-users] mail to requestors and owners throughout ticket life

Malcolm Herbert rt-users at mjch.net
Mon Jan 27 23:40:40 EST 2003

Hi all ... I'm running 2.0.13 and am wanting to use the mail interface
as much as possible for all my tickets.

At the moment I have the following scrips running on my queue (in the
order presented in the interface):

OnCreate AutoreplyToRequestors with template helpdesk Autoreply
OnCorrespond NotifyRequestorsAndCcs with template helpdesk Correspondence
OnResolve NotifyRequestorsAndCcs with template helpdesk Resolved
OnStatus NotifyOwner with template helpdesk StatusChange
OnCreate NotifyAdminCcs with template helpdesk Correspondence
OnCorrespond NotifyOwner with template helpdesk Correspondence
OnComment NotifyOwner with template helpdesk Correspondence

When a new message is received by RT, the requestor receives the
AutoReply as normal, and I receive the message as well since I'm also
the AdminCc for this queue.

After this point if I reply to the AdminCc'd message with my mail
client, or if I reply to the ticket from within the web interface or if the
requestor replies to any of the mail they're received from the system it
won't be delivered to me (it will be added as normal to the call history
and will appear in the web interface). Whether or not I'm the owner of
the ticket doesn't seem to change this behaviour.

The reason this is a problem is that I'd like to be able to use my mail
client for most if not all of the interaction with the requestors, since
I'm already in my mail client most of the day (and it has the ability to
draw my attention to new mail) but I can't seem to get it to happen ...
obviously I will need the web interface for some stuff, but I'd like to
keep it to a minimum.

Also, mail to and from RT doesn't seem to allow threading - is there a
way to get RT to put in an In-Reply-To: or References: header?

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch at mjch.net                                                left blank