[rt-users] mod_perl vs cgi in mason

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu Jan 30 15:57:34 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, darren chamberlain wrote:

> You need to modify CGI.pm; search for "Some people want to have their
> cake and eat it too!" in `perldoc -m CGI`

I tried your suggestion with no luck. That seems to append the GET options
to the POST variables? GET works, it is POST that does not. I stopped
apache and started it again. There isn't anything else that caches modules
is there?

Some more details:
When I try to create a ticket via the web, I get this error:
No ticket specified
in the browser and this in the logs:
[Thu Jan 30 20:40:24 2003] [error]: WebRT: No ticket specified ()

I was having another possibly unrelated problem with crypt(). The value
stored in the database was S5N7mmk81byZs for example. When
User::IsPassword was called, my password, which I know was correct, would
not be crypted into the same value. I did add Logger->debug line and the
password I entered is the one that is getting to that section of code.
That I couldn't figure out, I gave up because we'll be using mod_auth_pam
instead to authenticate. I thought maybe that was relevent.

> There have been replies to a few of them with exactly the above advice,
> though they're not as common as the questions.

I searched via google for most of yesterday and the day before. Honest! :)

-james