[rt-users] Organisations vs individual requestors

Andrew Pollock andrew-rt at andrew.net.au
Thu Jan 30 20:17:27 EST 2003

Hi,

We're looking at migrating to RT2 from a never quite finished inhouse
developed "thing".

One thing that our existing system has is a concept of organisations. We
can easily determine how many tickets an organisation has open (we might
have multiple requestors from the one organisation).

I know that the auto-created users that get made when a new requestor is
seen can have an Organisation specified, and I know you can search for
users based on organisation, but how hard would it be to implement ticket
searching/filtering based on requestor organisation? Possibly this is a
feature request... To be able to view the organisation in the queue, and
to be able to search and filter based on it?

The hierarchy for us is the organisation is the customer, not the
individual requestors.

I figure that we can knock up a custom PHP page to produce a report from
the RT database pretty easily, but it would be good to tie this directly
into RT.

Andrew