[rt-users] RT3 on Gentoo

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Thu Jul 3 15:14:32 EDT 2003

Jonathan Wilzig scripted ::

>Just wondering if anyone has run RT on a Gentoo system. The PERL deps are
>turning into a bit of a pain using emerge. Has anyone heard of a plan for
>creating an ebuild? I saw one thing on Google from the forked team (Zynot)
>but it didn't look like they were having much luck. Any info would be
>appreciated.

Yeah, I've run it.  You can get some ebuilds to make it work on my website as
I've been working on it, but haven't had the time to finish it yet.
http://josiah.ritchietribe.net/ and check out my blog as I kept my notes on
there.  Just run a search for RT.  http://josiah.ritchietribe.net/b2/

I'd be glad to work with you on finishing it up. You might also check out the
gentoo forums. steveb and I talked a lot concerning it.

JSR/