[rt-users] how to install rt improvement patches?

Val Luck VLuck at VMdirect.com
Mon Jul 7 15:48:51 EDT 2003

Hello Chris,

We are using RT 3.0.3 with Postgres 7.3.2 on RedHat 8 and seeing a HUGE performance hit.  It can take minutes to bring up the "comment" or "reply" screen and simply logging in can take 20 seconds.

I have come across your post to the rt-devel list on June 25th about your modified perl modules (patches).  I was wondering what the install procedure is ..?  Do I just copy them over the existing files?  (after making backups of course)  The files are

    Groups_Local.pm
    SelectOwner
    Users_Local.pm

I like RT a lot, but as it is, we have 6 people using RT and its taking 2 or 3 minutes for click of the ticket.  I don't want to be told to get rid of RT, so I dearly hope there are some optimizations that can be made.

Also, have you come up with any more performance gains by modifying the queries or tuning postgres?

I am also CC:ing the rt-users list in case someone else has the same questions that I do.

Thanks again for your patches and your time,

Val

p.s. I thought I'd mention our complete RT configuration:

RT 3.0.3 (upgraded from RT 3.0.2)
  --with-modperl1
postgresql-7.3.2
apache_1.3.27