[rt-users] [RT3 newbie] How to give Search to unprivileged user ?

Gilles-Eric Descamps ged at azulsystems.com
Thu Jul 10 18:28:05 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've been using RT1, upgraded to RT2, and recently deployed a new RT3.0.3

I discovered that unprivileged users are presented with a SelfService
interface which restricts them.

How can I allow on a queue-basis unprivileged users to search in the queue
tickets,
so that RT is used as some kind of a knowledge base ?
How can I allow on a queue-basis unprivileged users to list the other queue
requests,
so that they see that the staff is busy doing something else, and where they
stand in the queue ?

I found:
http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2001-April/001072.html
and granted everyone the "SeeQueue" right, but they still see SelfService...

(I cannot make all my users privileged by default, as they would appear in
the drop-boxes)

Thanks,

--
Gilles-Eric DESCAMPS