[rt-users] hostname issue

admin admin2 at enabled.com
Fri Jul 11 17:05:44 EDT 2003

> > what is the exact variable name?  because I dont have any variable set to
> > blah.blah.com  .  I only have hostnames like rt.blah.com and blah.com but no
> > blah.blah.com
> >
> > - Noah
> >

> > > sendmail should never be tacking on a From header. if you suspect
> > > sendmail is taking on a Sender header, read (or search) rt/fm.
> > > (http://fsck.com/rtfm/)
>
> Sendmail won't tack on a From header, but it can certainly mangle
> existing ones, as well as lots of other addresses in email
> headers.  If the original poster is *absolutely* certain
> that the RT config file doesn't include 'blah.blah.com' and
> that's what's really appearing the From line (or the reply-to,
> or any any other mail header), then the sendmail configuration
> is certainly something to look at.
>
> That being said, it's rare to have sendmail configured to
> map 'blah.com' into 'blah.blah.com'.  It's much more common
> to have it map 'blah.blah.com' into 'blah.com'...

cool - thanks steve - I think we are getting close on this response.

when I explicitly define the correspondence address to cst at blah.com
so that works

but when I place just cst in the correspondence address it sends this mail out
as cst at blah.blah.com

what are the different possibilities that I can place in the sendmail
configuration.  I guess there can be a global entry in the blah.blah.com.mc
file, yes.  if so what would it be?  also I guess I could place an entry in
the genericstable, eh?

- Noah