[rt-users] Mysql vs Postgres

CyberPro Support support at cyberpro.com.au
Sun Jul 13 20:57:30 EDT 2003

Sorry for this post, but, I'm upgrading our systems and I want to get it right.

Jamie has provided a set of rpms to get RT3 on RedHat 8
A HUGE thankyou for sharing your work.

We have had RT 2.0.X running for eons on Mysql & RH 7.1

I see Jamie's preference is postgres.
I've seen some posts regarding problems with mysql of late.

I understand the merits of both databases generally, but specifically with RT in mind.....

Can it be said the preference for RT is still mysql?

I want to start extracting information out of RT using other tools (most probably with MS ODBC because I can't hack)
Could access for third party apps be the reason some people prefer one or the other?

We won't be using the chosen database for any other applications.

tia
Ian Ward