[rt-users] Mysql vs Postgres

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Mon Jul 14 00:41:39 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, CyberPro Support wrote:
>I see Jamie's preference is postgres.
>I've seen some posts regarding problems with mysql of late.
>
>I understand the merits of both databases generally, but specifically with RT in mind.....
>
>Can it be said the preference for RT is still mysql?

We run entirely on PostgreSQL for our core business, and as of 3.0.4RC2 RT
is just peachy with that.

I don't think that there are any performance issues left that would cause
one to choose a particular database; I say go with what you know.

--
jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg