[rt-users] Error in Storable.xs

Mick Szucs mick at onramp.ca
Mon Jul 14 09:17:57 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 08:53, Harald Wagener wrote:
> On Montag, 14. Juli 2003, at 14:25 Uhr, alvn wrote:
>
> > yes im also using redhat 9. i just upgraded to RT3.0.4 but still the
> > error is there.
> >

> Did You upgrade Your Storable.pm? The redhat provided one is obselete,
> and an updated version is in CPAN. The recent discussion on RT RPMS
> mentions how to use cpan2rpm to build rpms that don't need to be
> installed with --force.

The problem still exists in the latest Storable.pm from CPAN, as well as
its three previous versions.

It seems to occur when you attempt a search with multiple criteria (like
when you click to open a Queue from the main menu.)

If I search for "new" and "open" tickets in queue "support," for
example, the results of the search display correctly, along with this
error at the bottom of the page, but the last search criteria is not
saved correctly as part of the search.  So if I attempt to add a new
criteria (like "owner mick," for example) my search is re-written as
"new", "open", "owner mick,"  wiping out the last element of the
previous search.  And then there's the error again, so next time "owner
mick" is going to get it.

Haven't been able to get to the bottom of it.

--
Mick Szucs <mick at onramp.ca>
Onramp Network Services Inc.