[rt-users] MySQL odbc connections to RT

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 14:04:32 EDT 2003

I'm trying to use the Windows MySQL ODBC 3.51 driver
to connect to the mysql database behind my RT 2.0.15
(linux).   From the windows box I hope to eventually
use Crystal Reports to query and generate reports.
Upon installing the ODBC driver on the Windows box and
testing, I get an error in Windows:

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver] Access denied for user:
rt_user at myrtbox' (Using Password: YES)

In the ODBC driver configuration, I used the following
info:

db name: rt2
db user: rt_user
db pass: <pass from the config.pm>

Is there some special way mysql needs to be started,
or some command line flag somewhere preventing my
connection from working?
Currently, it appears that mysql only permits
connections from the IP of the host itself.  For a
quick test, I built a local ssh redirect on the box
with the mysql to satisfy mysql (it thinks the
connection came from localhost) and pointed my odbc
driver to this new port.  So, tcp 3306 is covered.
But udp 3306 is not.  Perhaps this is my problem?

If anyone else is using Crystal Reports to query RT,
I'd be interested in how you did this, or what I'm
doing wrong.

Thanks!