[rt-users] Performance Issue - RT 3.xx

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Mon Jul 14 23:28:17 EDT 2003

Greg Kuhnert wrote:
> When this was imported over to our new 3.xx system, we found some
> queries being generated by RT were taking 11 seconds to execute. After
> futher analysis, we found the following which might be a contributing
> factor:

<snip>

> 	I haven't really had a good look at the query, but to work it
> out you'd have to check each index of the tables listed and see if the
> key fields match..  The optimiser says its got a key for
> CachedGroupMembers, but its obviously scanning the whole table

You really really want to upgrade your RT3 instance to 3.0.4.
The query in question was rewritten because mysql's optimiser
treated it so woefully. You should see a decimal order of
magnitude improvement.
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630