[rt-users] dumpfile-to-rt3 gives error

Larry Stone lcs at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 15 03:16:40 EDT 2003

> > Asif Iqbal wrote:
> > > unix passed to setlogsock, but path not available at
> > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Log/Dispatch/Syslog.pm line 66
> >
> > You're using Solaris or HP/UX?
> >
> > Search the mailing lists, this has been mentioned before.
> > Basically, unless you want to hack on the Log::Dispatch
> > and/or Sys::Syslog (from memory) modules, you're probably
> > better off disabling syslog and logging to file instead.

Here's what I noted about fixing the Syslog module to overcome the same
problem on Solaris 8:

  Need to fix lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Log/Dispatch/Syslog.pm
  In the _init routine, there are args:
                            socket   => { type => SCALAR,
                                          default => 'unix' },
  ...change the default to 'inet', which is what the POD documentation says:
                                          default => 'inet' },
  ...then syslog will work.

    -- Larry